Thursday 28 february 2013
Think it is about time to jailbreak your iPhone 5? I think so too. Let’s go. All you need is your iPhone, a PC or a Mac, a USB cable and a small program which will
do the work. Follow the below instructions to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch in literary minutes!
Legal status of Jailbreak
Legal all over the world, including the USA.
Why would you want to Jailbreak your iPhone?
Most people would jailbreak their iPhone after having had their device for some time and when they decide it is time to go beyond Apple limitations imposed on their
iOS device. Such limitations include being able to only download apps from the official AppStore.
What will Jailbreak allow you to do?
Jailbreaking your iOS device will allow you to:
customize and extend iOS and in-app user interface (themes)
download apps which have not been approved by Apple
Jailbreak will NOT prevent you from:
accessing the AppStore
using iTunes with your iPhone
making phone calls
One thing: remember not to restore your iPhone with iTunes. This will remove Jailbreak and all its data from your iPhone.
The steps for Jailbreaking your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
1. Make sure your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch iOS is up to date
2. Download the jailbreak program called evasi0n for both PC or Mac from here:
3. PC users, extract the program from the ZIP and place the evasi0n.exe file to your PC’s Desktop. Double-click on the file in order to run the program
4. Now connect your iPhone to your PC and stand by until evasi0n recognizes your iOS device. Next click the “Jailbreak” button
5. The process of jailbreaking your iPhone will now begin automatically. Make sure you wait until the process fully completes and you do not touch your iPhone or
your computer during that time
6. In a matter of minutes, evasi0n will instruct you to unlock your iDevice and tap on the new “Jailbreak” icon which has now appeared on your iPhone Home
7. Do as instructed and tap “Jailbreak”
8. The process of jailbreaking will now continue and in no time, your iPhone will be successfully jailbroken
This is how to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch in the matter of minutes! You can now access the Cidia app from the Home Screen of your iDevice for
countless possibilities of apps, extensions, customization themes, and more.
This iPhone jailbreak guide was inspired by: iFans.